- Pull for Puppies is comprised of 3 separate tournaments:
– Women’s Tournament
– Men’s Tournament
– Coed Tournament (coed teams must have at least 2 female, 2 male players)
- Players must be 18 years or age or older.
- Teams must have a minimum of 4 Players.
- You can enter as many teams as you like into the 3 tournaments.
- IMPORTANT: all players must sign the release form at the sign-in desk before they can play.
DURING a TUG-of-WAR MATCH:
- A Tug-of-War match is comprised of 2 teams with 5 players on each team.
- If two competing teams do not have an equal number of players, we will ask both teams to even out the number of players with the numerically smaller team’s roster.
- The minimum number of players a team can have on their roster is 4 players.
- A match begins when the teams have grabbed the rope, the referee centers the rope, and yells the word “Pull!”.
- All players must be standing and on their feet during a match. Sitting and pulling is not allowed.
- Players may not wrap the rope around any part of their body.
- Players may not shake the rope during a match.
- Each Tug of War match will last no more then 3 minutes.
- A match ends on the referee’s whistle and the winner is the team that pulls their opponent’s:
– rope marker across the center line.
– rope marker closest to the center line at the end of the 3 minute time period.
- Round 1:
– Each team is placed into a group consisting of 4 teams.
– The teams in each group will play one another to determine the group winner.
– Each team is, therefore, guaranteed 3 tug-of-war matches.
– The group winner is the team with the best overall won, loss record.
– Each match will be timed and the time at which a team wins their match will be recorded.
– In case of a tie, the team with the shortest total time for their winning matches advances to Round 2.
- Round 2:
– The group winners will play in a single elimination tournament to determine the overall tournament champion.